Flute studio in Amsterdam
Starting September 2018
Thies Roorda’s flute studio offers professional flute studies primarily for post-graduate students who are interested in improving their professional skills outside the context of an institutionalized curriculum.
This concept allows students to focus on performing and auditioning, undisturbed by writing theses or otherwise.
- An individual flute lesson
- A yoga class, directly linked to the posture- and breathing concepts as are being transmitted in the flute lessons
- A technique class/masterclass, for technical routines, playing studies for your peers and discussions on flute related issues
- A class on orchestral excerpts
The flute studio offers tuition in two periods of each ten weeks.
For 2019-2020 there is room for a maximum of 4 students. The time table of each term shall be communicated after admission and shall very much look like:
- Winter term: Week 39 through 49 (the semester shall contain one free week)
- Summer term: Week 6 through 11 and week 13 through 16
Individual lessons shall be taught at Thies Roorda’s home-studio, group lessons in a larger venue in Amsterdam.
For further information and subscription please use the form on the contact page of this website.
Photography: Annelies van der Vegt & Wout van den Berg